Frequently Asked Questions - General
Personalized sessions are individually scheduled. To be sure we have plenty of time to spend with each child, we allocate up to an hour for each personal session. Session times can vary, depending on each child's personality.
We like to personalize your session as much as possible. While we do have many props in our studio, we prefer to use your personal items to make the portraits that much more meaningful.
Checklist for Boys:
- Prayer book
- Lapel pin / cross
- Arm band
- Jacket & tie
- Tie clip
- Shoes are typically not photographed and therefore not necessary to bring.
- Hair-care items: comb, spray/gel
Checklist for Girls
- Prayer book
- Hair-care items: brush, pins, spray
In addition to our studio props we keep the following communion items on-hand for your use in case you forget or have not yet aquired them.
- Black rosary for boys
- White rosary for girls
- Black prayerbook for boys
- White prayerbook for girls
- White armband for boys
Obviously each child is different and the number of images we create during a session will vary. Our goal is to create approximatly a dozen different poses with an equally varying variety of communion and traditional backgrounds. Several images are usually captured of each pose. So, in this manner, somewhere between 30 and 60 images are created during a session. We then edit them down to the best expressions before your preview session. During your special preview session we will help you narrow down the images we present to you so that you won't feel overwhelmed. Don't worry, we make it easy!
The earlier, the better. Often our clients choose to purchase a wall portrait of a favorite image from the session. With some pre-planning we can have this image printed, framed, and ready to display at a family gathering or party the day of the First Communion. We have loaner easils to highlight your special print where the gathering takes place. We also create sign-in boards.
Six to eight weeks is a comfortable lead time for a portrait session prior to an event. We can often accomodate even the tightest of scheduls and we also do create many portraits after the First Communion date as well.
Simply put, you'd be hard-pressed to find another studio that will put as much enthusiam, energy and creativity into your First Communion Portraits than Peter M. Budraitis Photography.
At Peter M. Budraitis Photography, we have a blast with First Communion Portraits. It's some of our favorite sessions to do. TheY're a fun and happy occassion to capture an important milestone in a child's life.
There are a few unique factors in particular that separate us from other studios.
- We offer one of the widest variety of backgrounds for First Communion Portraits you will find anywhere. We have stained glass backgrounds, church backgrounds, numerous communion-themed scenic backgrounds and as well as a large collection of tradition backgrounds.
- You will be absolutily thrilled with the portraits we create AND we GUARENTEE your complete satisfaction with a 100% Money Back Guarentee. Whatever photographer you consider, ask if they will offer you the same ABSOLUTE SATISFACTION GUARENTEE!
- Your child will be photographed in a professional, fully equipped, state-of-the-art studio by a Photographic Craftsman* with over twenty years of experience as a professional photographer.
*Peter Budraitis has earned the Photographic Craftsman Degree from the Professional Photographers of America (PPA).